image: header

Home | Miggy's Books | Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

Confession of an old saint with wrinkled wings

Psalm 71:18 “ Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me O God, till I declare your power to the next generation.”
And there it is. Old age! It’s not a contagious disease but sure as sin, you’re going to get it. No cure known to man, yet millions of dollars are spent on artificial knees and hips that often accompany this period. You can’t talk about it, nobody hears you; you can’t see it for you can’t believe it is happening. You just witness day after day the erosion of previous life skills as time relentlessly marches on.

With this verse as a diving board, I humbly offer you one more blog. In it you will find a bit of humor and snatches of thinly disguised wisdom. Perhaps your loved ones might never expose the rawness of their feeling that time has passed them by, leaving them washed up or shelved, squashed into some self-assigned cubby hole. Some senior citizens are too scared to voice their objections; they are not even sure they have a right to say how they feel.

As an author, I have taken the liberty to mix and mask both the facts and fiction that surround my life experiences at this stage of my life. These “Golden year” observations are written from the wrinkled pages of my life. I have chosen to call them “wings” (as in angel). I have also included the insights of others. They are presented to you in no particular pattern or sequence. There is no personal beginning or ending to this saga. The only starting point for this book is found in my Bible.

I ask you to withhold final judgment of this blog until you realize first hand that time changes and caught you off guard too! I hope you can drop your defenses and any “Hallmark” prejudices and allow my musings to expose you to another viewpoint .

My insights are only mine and are neither right nor wrong, black nor white; they just are how I see my world. I guess what I say is something like a parting legacy to those pilgrims that follow. My only HOPE and the only truth you can trust is found in the Bible.

Romans 8: 37 “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus Our Lord.”
                                                                                                                            (to be continued)

4 comments:

  1. Hello Miggy! Just checking in to see if you have anything new added. Hoping to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you do have a right to say how you feel, my dear Miggy. You are a child of Almighty God; that gives you the right. Your heart is as a dancing brook and soaring cloud before the Lord. No matter that your knees creak and your hair shines silver in the moonlight. He sees you as perfect and whole, washed in His Son's blood. So there. You say what you will, my friend. We are listening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Miggy. The last time I posted was last Christmas. I am dead certain that there is not anyone left who remembers who in the world I am. But I sm still here, alive and well. My journey has been long and twisted and I have stayed away much too long.

    I have not written or blogged or even picked up a phone. How do I explain that? I cannot. And so I do not. Perhaps after some time has passed you will understand and then again maybe not. Whatever! Maybe you will never find this comment, but I cannot beg for your forgiveness although I would like to do just that. For maybe there might be one person who waited patiently and whispers, "Let's move on . . . here,take my hand . . . I'll go with you . . . "
    Miggy Krentel

    ReplyDelete

 
Content Copyright Mildred Krentel | Layout & Graphic Design Copyright Eagle Designs