image: header

Home | Miggy's Books | Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

God in the ditch

          Sometimes it seems I can't find God.  I feel naked, completely deserted, out of touch with anyone.  I have to keep reminding myself that I am not alone. Neither are you!  God is in this with me! He is in this for you. We can cry out to Him and He will listen. I try not to sputter or fume about the happenings of the day. After all, He is God. He is in control.

           Sometimes I scream at God, “I cannot handle this, God, help me. Stop the world! I want to get out of here!”
           But my God simply pops in wherever I am and says, “Hang on, old girl, I am with you.” He does not remove me from the daily-ness of living. He drops in the ditch alongside me, and quietly whispers in my ear.
          “Shh, my child, now really, is this what you were crying out to me about? Quiet now, for I am here with you. Can you stand up? There! Now, take my hand and let’s climb out of here.”
            So He pulls and I hang on for dear life. Then we talk. Oh true, I mumble and grumble, but I have concluded that God will never let me go. He hushes my whining and listens to what I have to say. It isn't pretty sometime but He knows all about me anyway so there's no surprise there.
             Have you put your hand into His hand lately?

3 comments:

  1. Dear, dear Miggy: This is my life, too. In the ditch, whine for awhile, Jesus sits and listens, then He pulls me out. I wonder that He doesn't tire of me, but like the perfect savior and friend He is, He patiently leads.

    How is Melissa today? Did you buy her any cards, or empty her pockets?

    Love you,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Jen I did not know I could write to the person who commented on my blog and now I have seen some who dialogue a bit. So let me tell you, we were able to empty her jackets and pants of all but one deck which she was allowed to buy.We talked long and hard about the whole deal and I think she was sorry. but truthfully she was sorry she could not keep all of them.It is a problem. But I do laugh at times.
    Miggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen-
    If you ever come my way again and post one of your comments, perhaps you could tell me where there is a list of where peoples blogs are. I cannot find any of them and it is only miserable me who daily loses a skill or too. I think. So i ask if you could help me. Seems to me there was a list of the Pencil Box crew's website - am I wrong?
    Miggy

    ReplyDelete

 
Content Copyright Mildred Krentel | Layout & Graphic Design Copyright Eagle Designs